Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Happy Monday everyone!  We've had a pretty busy but fun weekend.
On Thursday night, I went with a group from church to the Fish Fry in Paris to celebrate a member's birthday.
We had such a great time visiting and laughing with each other.  The Fish Fry has the BEST hush puppies around.  I ate so many of them dipped in butter...yummmmm
The staff came in singing "Happy Birthday" to Barbara and brought her a huge roll  with a candle in it.  She promptly slathered it in honey and ate it in front of us without even offering to share!  I guess you can get away with not sharing when it's your birthday.  I'll remember that when it's MY birthday in a few weeks!
Friday night, we got together with this same group, plus some others, for game night at church.  The church provided hotdogs/buns and the rest of us brought all the trimmings.  We ate and then got the games started.
This is one vicious, cut throat group of women playing Skip-bo.  They play for blood and it gets dangerous at times!  Sometimes they play Phase 10 and it gets pretty hairy also!
Von & grandson, "J", had an intense game of checkers going on.  I hope Von let him win!
I volunteered was coerced into playing dominoes.  I do not know how to play dominoes and these guys are serious about their game.  Caral wanted me to be his partner!  I agreed with the condition that he wouldn't yell at me if I played the wrong thing and cost us the game.  He agreed but another man, Jack, must have felt really sorry for me because he came to sit by me to coach me on what to do.
He said I played real good!  Of course, he directed me on each and every play.  I really didn't learn a thing but we won the game! I was totally lost on all of the domino terminology...nello, tricks, trumps.  I have no idea about any of that!
I had a good time but had no idea what I was doing which provided for a lot of laughs.  I'm not sure if they were laughing with me or at me!  I'm afraid I'll be asked to play again since I was on the winning team.  Maybe I shouldn't have played so well!
I know there is NO chance I'll be asked to play dominoes at this table...never, never, never will I have to worry about that.  There is no joking, no chit-chat...just serious domino playing.
 Michael and the kids played ping-pong, although for him, it was mainly chasing wild balls bouncing off the walls and ceilings.
"N" thought she was some kind of ping-pong princess!  She really wore Michael out though so I guess that counts for something.  Anyway, we all had a great time and filled up on food and fellowship.
Saturday morning, I met my sister-in-law to get my niece for the weekend.  After picking her up, we came back and watched Allan's TKD black belt class for a bit.
We left TKD and went to get Happy Meals and have a picnic at the Elephant Walk/Park.  We have such a nice play area here for the kids along with a walking trail for everyone else.
After "K" ate her lunch, she wove a pot holder for me!
She made several of these over the weekend.
She had such a good time and I enjoyed watching her play.

We left the park after she got too hot to enjoy herself.  She wanted to go to my house and play with our animals.
Sandy was loving all of the extra attention she got from "K".  Abby was the only cat that would come around her. Abby is recovering from bladder surgery she had last week, but she was still pretty playful with "K".
  Hershey stayed in his hiding place the whole afternoon.  Oreo was just on guard in case he needed to make a run for it.
It was getting near supper time, so I took her out to mom and dad's since she was spending the night with them.
Sunday was a great day at church followed by more fellowship Sunday night at Braum's.

No comments:

Post a Comment