Monday, October 20, 2014

Summer Recap 3-August Birthdays!

Happy Birthday to us!  Allan & I have birthdays a day apart and we always celebrate our special days together. 
 Our church has a really good group that go out to a restaurant of the birthday girl/boy's choice.  Allan & I have not ever announced our days and done this but we go to other's parties all the time.  This year, we decided to do it for ourselves.  We had so much fun!
We had 24 friends show up to party with us.  I made my Paula Deen brownies and fancied them up with extra chocolate drizzle and whip cream on top. 
Susie is our preacher's wife and it was her birthday weekend too, so we celebrated with her at the same time.
I just love these girls from our Bible class!  They're very special friends.
I love these folks!
For Allan's birthday, I made this most decadent cheesecake that I've ever made-Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake!  Oh. My. Goodness!  It was not only beautiful but it was delicious.  
There are really no words to describe how good it is.  I was going to take this to the party with the church folks, but I didn't think it was big enough to feed that large of a crowd.  And, anyways...we really didn't want to share it at all!  
Also, on our birthday weekend, we had a surprise visit from Allan's brother, sister-in-law, and one of their kids.  They had been camping in the area and came through here on their way home.  We met them out at the new house and visited there a bit before going out for Mexican food.
Toward the end of the month, we had another church birthday party to go to at the Fish Fry.  Dear, sweet Ellen turned 89!  She is one of the most amazing people I know.  I love her so much! I'm always telling her that I want to be HER when I grow up!   I made cupcakes to take for her party and I have to say they were not only yummy but pretty also! (I would love to have a little cupcake shop some day!)
So, August was a pretty fun month...except for the adding a year to my age part!

No comments:

Post a Comment