Sunday, September 28, 2014

Summer Recap 2-July

I'm having trouble remembering things from July since I don't have many pics that document whatever it was that we did!  Anyway, we had a very low-key 4th of July this year.  In fact we missed the big fireworks display that the Choctaws put on every year because they had it A DAY EARLY!  What's up with that??  So, on the 4th we just planned a little cookout with my mom and dad.
Allan has inherited the grilling job it seems and he always does a good job!  If I remember right, he grilled steaks, hamburgers, and smoked sausage.
Me and Mom just had to sample the brownies while Allan was outside cooking.  It was a necessary thing to do...really, it was.
I think this is one of the few 4th's that we haven't had a crowd here to celebrate with us.
It's also one of the very few times that we haven't watched fireworks or shot them off ourselves.  Maybe next year we'll be back to our big celebration.

Allan has continued to work on our house and he's made a lot of progress this summer!  I'm really proud that he is such a hard worker.
We have some beautiful wildflowers on our property.  Nearly every time I go, I walk around taking pics.
Luckily we've had a very mild summer for this part of the country...lots of rain and not too many hot, hot days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment