It's ONLY been since October that I've joined in with Joyce and the girls for a Wednesday Hodgepodge, so I'm trying to get myself motivated to blog again by posting this week!
1. When was the last time you relocated? Did you move yourself or leave it to the professionals? Are you happy staying put or is there a move in your future? Best thing about moving to a new city or town? Least favorite and/or hardest thing about moving house? We have been in our current home for 30 years! We are building a log home and hope to be moving in soon. It's going to be hard though to leave our current home since there are so many memories of young married life and raising kids.
2. When were you last 'moved to tears'? Explain.
I seem to cry a lot lately...hormones probably. What can REALLY turn on the water works for me is videos of soldiers coming home and surprising their families. Oh. My. Goodness. Gets me every time.
3. Do you have rules about eating in the car...any forbidden foods? What's the last thing you consumed in your car? Your go-to car snack when traveling long distance?
We eat in the car all the time now. When our kids were little, there was not a lot of eating and drinking in the car.
When traveling, I like to snack on food that I can eat one at a time to help me stay awake. Like m&m's!
4. Share a favorite song relating to cars and/or driving.
I had trouble thinking one and then all of a sudden Carrie Underwood's "Jesus Take The Wheel" came to mind. I love this song. It has such a good message I believe. It seems that so many times, it takes a big jolt to get us to realize or bring back to mind that we really do need Jesus as the driving force in our lives.
5. What's your most frequently visited drive-thru...Starbucks? the bank? the pharmacy? some other window?
It would have to be Sonic, even though it's not exactly a drive-thru. I love my Sonic Dr. Peppers!
6. "He who hesitates is lost"...would you agree? When it comes to making decisions do you generally act quickly or do you more often than not fall into the 'lost' category?
I am somewhere in-between I think. If it's an important or serious decision, I'm going to think things through first and not act too hastily. It just depends on the situation I guess.
7. When was the last time you got lost? Was it stressful or an unexpected happy adventure?
Several weeks ago, we went to Dallas to take my dad to an appointment. Downtown Dallas. We didn't exactly get lost, but we were lost in the sense that we didn't know where we were going and were relying on the gps to get us there. It was SO STRESSFUL! I hate Dallas traffic and there is always always always construction going on that just fouls up any plan you might have. And...we're doing it all over again later this week.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It is SO hot here in Oklahoma! We seriously need a break from it all...especially here in SE Oklahoma!