Monday, November 12, 2012

Mom's Birthday!

Happy Monday, people!  Our family got together the weekend before last to celebrate my mom's birthday.  My brothers and their families all came for the afternoon/evening.  My kids were the only ones that didn't get to be there:(
Anyway, my youngest brother, Doug, smoked a brisket and ribs and brought them to the party.  They were delish!!  We had side dishes too and I made a Butterfinger Cake as her birthday cake.  It was wonderful!
 My mom is such a beautiful person, inside and out.  She is so giving and unselfish about things.  I was trying to get her to tell me what kind of cake she would like.  She kept saying to make something that the others will like, make something that the kids will like, etc.  I said, "NOOOOOO!  I don't care if anyone else likes it or not, it's YOUR birthday!" haha  Well, the cake was a hit with everyone so all was well in the pleasing others department.

One of mom's gifts was a new leaf blower.  She LOVES to work outside and would be outdoors all day every day if she could.  She doesn't just stand around out there either...she's working!  She's really enjoying using her new 'toy'.
Mom also got a gift certificate to get a massage, which she's going to need after using that leaf blower on all of those leaves!
I took the niece and nephews out to take pics of them and I was so glad that they all cooperated!  They are such cute kids and so funny, too!
"E" is getting so tall and growing up so fast.  He is a huge rock collector but he took a break in his rock hunting to pose for me!
"C" is the cutest little 5 year old in the world!  He just keeps us all laughing with his stories.
"K" is about the wittiest little girl I've ever been around!  It's hard to get anything over on her AND she's pretty!
Mom and the 3 little grands!  
My brothers and me with mom.  Even though I might be am the oldest, I'm still the youngest looking one!  That's what I tell myself anyway!








No comments:

Post a Comment