Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I LOVE Halloween!  We went to our church's party a couple of weekends ago and had a great time.  This is the first year that I didn't dress up and I'm not going to let that happen again!  I love costumes!
Our hosts for the night were Clark & Samantha.  They've graciously hosted this party for the last several years and we always have such a great time.  Clark spent the evening keeping us supplied with hot dogs on his homemade grill.
Samantha always does such a good job of planning everything each year.  I appreciate them so much!  She was an adorable Piggy!
 I didn't get great pics of the kids because it was hard to get them to be still long enough, but Spiderman will always stop and give me his sweet smile!
"O" was a butterfly, "H" was a dragon before he shed the top part of his costume, "P" was Spiderman, and "N" was Cleopatra.
Samantha, her sisters and her mom were the 3 Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf!  I just loved their costume idea. 
Tonee  was a 50's girl and Shirley was a train engineer along with her teddy bear, the conductor. 
Allan & I, in our very creative regular clothes costume.  I felt like such a party-pooper! 
These two were battling it out to see who was the fiercest one of all!  I'm not sure who won.
There was pumpkin carving and everyone's turned out so good!
We had marshmallow roasting with the biggest marshmallows I've ever seen!  I didn't know they made them this big. Shirley was first to test them out.
The night ended with a hayride, which is always so much fun!  There are always some scary happenings along they way so the kids and I are always on edge just waiting...and waiting!  One of the little girls sitting by me on the hayride was  getting a little antsy and nervous, knowing 'something' was bound to jump out and scare us and possibly carry her off in the woods.  She said, "I was hoping to live to 90 and not just 9."  Cracked me up!! 
We had a wonderful time!  Lots of good food, fun and fellowship!  I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!




1 comment: