Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I'm a little late in the week doing my Mother's Day post but I just haven't had the time until now to do it.  I hope everyone had a great day with your moms.  Colby was able to come home last weekend but Ashley had to work.  It was a busy weekend for her at The Vintage Pearl.

My Dad's birthday always falls around Mother's Day so we tend to combine our celebrations each year.  Last Saturday, we all gathered at Mom & Dad's house for a cookout.
Dad has always been the family griller but this time he passed the torch to Colby. 

He grilled burgers, hot dogs and smoked sausage and did a great job!
Colby & cousin "K" had a fun time together.  My nephews didn't get to come this time.
After lunch, Colby got the mule out and we had a fun time riding around in it.  "K" had to have a turn driving and she did a great job!
My aunt and uncle were able to come for lunch.  We hadn't seen them in quite a while so we really enjoyed our visit.
My brothers and I went in together and got Mom this beautiful planter and pot of flowers along with a yellow rose bush too.  They were so pretty and I'm really wanting to get this same planter for myself! 
The weather was so nice that we stayed outside practically the whole time. 
Me and my Daddy!  I love him so much and hope he had a wonderful birthday.
Sunday, my Bible School kids made cards for their moms & grandmas.  They turned out so cute!  I just love handprint crafts!
Anddddd...I made one for my mom too!  She promptly put it up on her fridge when she got home.
My kids gave me a new Vintage Pearl state necklace and I love it!  It has our hometown stamped on it in a heart shape.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
I was so thankful that Colby was here for the weekend. I love him to pieces! I never get enough of time spent with my kiddos. 
And, I missed having this sweet girl home for the weekend.  I love her dearly too!  I'm thankful that God gave me these two to be their mother!










1 comment:

  1. My mom's bday is the 13th, so always falls around Mother's Day as well. Double celebrations are the best!

    Love the necklace... your kids did good!

    ReplyDelete