Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bibles & Birthdays!

It's a chilly day here in SE Oklahoma today!  We JUST thought Spring was here to stay last week with our 80+ degree weather.  I'm seriously hoping this is the last of our winter weather!
Last weekend was a busy weekend. Even though I was suffering with a migraine I still had to carry on with some things that had to be done.  Migraines are evil.  That's just all there is to it...evilness.
Saturday, our church had our annual Lectureship.  We've been hosting this for 14 years now!  We had a couple of great speakers and then a wonderful fellowship meal afterwards.  The best part of the day was a baptism after the last lesson!
 After church, Mom, Dad & I went to my niece's birthday party.  It was a wild time to say the least!  When we first got there, I noticed this big card on the table.  It was our instructions on a new version of the "Happy Birthday Song" that "K" wanted us to sing to her.  She is too funny!
The kids played outside for a long time so that helped to wear them down a bit...NOT! 
We got them inside and served pizza, cupcakes, ice cream and drinks.  "K" is all into Monster High stuff so that was the theme for her party.  It's hard to believe she is now 8!
It's so hard to get a decent picture of a group of wild kids on a sugar high so this is the best I could get.  While she opened her presents, most of the guys headed to the media room to watch a ballgame.  Since they did this, I think they should have been on some kind of clean up duty or something to make up for escaping the festivities. 
Before turning the kids loose outside again, I tried to get a few family pics of us with the birthday girl.  She's really not a fan of taking pictures and it's evident in some of them...haha
I think this should be their family Christmas card next year.  "K" is being her typical self, Stacey is gorgeous, and Doug is looped up on pain meds since he'd been to the ER that morning for kidney stones! 
A little better
Mom & Dad with "K"
"K" and Aunt Cheryl

It really was a fun time even though I was feeling horrible.  I love birthday celebrations and think everyone needs to have a day that's all about them!  Happy Birthday, "K"!



No comments:

Post a Comment