Welcome to this week's Hodgepodge! Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond chose some really good questions for this week.
1. Many families have a story to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
We don't have just one story that gets retold. It seems that different family members just begin telling stories and most others have one to tell too. The stories all seem to revolve around different ones of us and not just one person in particular. I can't think of one at the moment to share though!
2. Are you afraid to speak your opinion?
I wouldn't say I'm afraid but I don't always speak up in certain situations. I'm shy by nature and my speaking up depends on the situation and the crowd that I'm in. I'm not confrontational and that sometimes causes me to keep my thoughts to myself.
3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time, they've chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or your wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
No, I did not know serenity was a color. That kinda makes me giggle! It is a really pretty blend of colors though. As of right now, I have nothing in my house or wardrobe that are those colors. I do have some pinks and blues in my closet but nothing quite those two shades. I'd be more likely to add those colors to my clothing instead of decorating with it, I think.
4. If you could be in a Christmas Carol, which one would you choose? Why?
That's a hard one. I love so many of the Christmas songs! I think a fun one would be "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"! How could that one not be a fun one?
5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Did you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
Pastries! What a great thing to celebrate! Now that I know today is National Pastry Day, I may just go by Daylight Donuts on my way to work to get a couple of donuts. I love most pastries-donuts, apple fritters, bear claws! They're all good. Just a couple of weeks ago, I ran by the donut shop on my way to work and got a plain glazed donut and a chocolate glazed donut.
6. When it comes to holiday decorating...
I'm always late! We keep our decorations in a storage rental place and I have to rely on someone else to go get the stuff for me. I have 5-6 huge rubbermaid tubs full of stuff. After I get my decorations put out, it usually looks like snowmen threw up in the house!
7. When did you laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
Sunday night! We were at a mexican restaurant with a group of church friends and got so tickled and laughed until we had tears and everyone was holding their stomach in pain! It had something to do with the marble game, Wahoo and it was just so funny! I can't remember all of the comments being said but I really expected to be sore on Monday from all of the laughing.
8. Insert your own random thought.
Saturday was our town's Christmas Parade and it's one of my favorite things. Our town is known as Circus City USA because we have 3 circuses that have their winter quarters here. So, Santa always rides in the parade on an elephant! I just love it!