Monday, March 26, 2012

Last Week

We had quite a busy week last week.  One of Allan's uncles passed away the week before and one of his services was held in Allan's hometown of Lawton.  Monday morning, after dropping Sandy off at mom and dad's home, we headed out for the long drive to western Oklahoma.  We got there and got checked in to our hotel. 
One of Allan's best friends from high school was turning the big 5-0 that day so we had made plans to take him out for his birthday.
We let Larry choose and he picked Santa Fe Cattle Co.  Allan and I had never been there before and were glad that the food was great!
I had some kind of grilled chicken pasta alfredo that was wonderful!  The guys, of course, had steaks.
Allan and one of his best friends, Larry.  I'm so glad that after quite a few years of losing contact with each other that they have rekindled their friendship.
We had a great time!  After eating, the guys dropped me off at the hotel and they spent the rest of the evening reminiscing about their high school days, driving by their old stomping grounds, and visiting with Larry's mom.

Tuesday, we headed out for the funeral service for Allan's uncle.  The kids were meeting us there also, so I was excited to see them.
Ashley & Colby with their cousin, Andrew.
Allan with his brother, Danny, and cousin, David.  This was the first time for me to meet quite a lot of Allan's family on this side.  It's sad that it takes funerals to get relatives together so much of the time.
After the service, we went to lunch before heading back home.
Me and Ashley at Eduardo's Mexican Restaurant.  We shared quesadillas!
My in-laws, Pam and Leon.
Allan & his brother, Danny.
I don't know what Colby was showing Andrew on  his phone or ipod but evidently it was impressive!
After lunch, it was time for everyone to head back to their homes.  I ALWAYS hate saying goodbye to my kids!
On the drive to Lawton, we noticed that beautiful redbud trees were everywhere!  Allan snapped a few pics of them on our way back home. 
They were absolutely gorgeous!
 On the drive home, we found ourselves here:
 
"The Middle "O" Nowhere"
This was an actual little store at one time.  It is all boarded up now.  We saw this on our way out to Lawton and it made us laugh so we made sure to stop to take pics on our way home.

Thursday night, we had a pretty good little rain shower/thunderstorm.  Afterwards, I looked out and saw one of the most beautiful full double rainbows I've ever seen!
My pictures really don't do it justice though! The bottom rainbow was truly glowing!  Absolutely beautiful!

It reminds me of the church song "God Put A Rainbow In The Clouds"!

That's all for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment