Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Stuff

We began our weekend with supper at Angie's on Friday night.  We usually go there at least once early in the week, but for some reason, we didn't make it until Friday.
We always have a good time visiting with the locals that go there just to socialize and catch up on town news.
After we left Angie's, we went out to the new house and just sat on the porch practicing for what it will be like when we finally get moved out there.  THEN, the coyotes started in and I was ready to head back to town!  That sound just terrifies me! 
Saturday morning, I got up in time to watch my new favorite cooking show!
I just LOVE Pioneer Woman!  I'm so excited that her new cookbook came out last week and I'm planning on going to a book signing with her in the next few weeks.  I can't wait!!
I then grabbed some lunch to take to Allan out at the new house.  We ate lunch and then got to work.  My job was sanding...again.
You would think with the sander being electric, that it would be an easy job.  NOT!  It really wears me out quickly!
There are probably several safety violations going on here!  You have to use what you have available though.  At least I didn't fall!
We got ready to leave and I was leaving ahead of Allan.  I hadn't gone far down the road when he calls me to come back.  I could barely hear him and thought he had hurt himself.  Finally, I understood what he was saying, "I am petting Millie.'
This is Millie!  She is the pet deer of our neighbors down the road.  They have raised her from a tiny baby when something happened to her mother.  She was raised in their home, sleeping with their boys at night!
A couple of weeks ago Betty, the neighbor, told me that Millie had been gone that if we saw her for us to please let her know.  I didn't know how I would know a pet deer from a wild deer.
This is how you tell!  Poor Millie lost her lower jaw in an accident and now her tongue hangs out all the time!
She is the sweetest thing!  I stopped next door and got the neighbors to come over and get her.   She was so happy to see her Momma!  They had been really worried that something terrible had happened to her so they were VERY THANKFUL that she is back for  now.

Today was our usual Bible class and worship.  We had a great guest speaker today that just had us all on the edge of our seats!   We went to Molina's after church for lunch.
My sister-in-law and niece, K, were here for the day also.  K is staying a few days with Mom and Dad since she is on Spring Break.
We all went to Braum's after church tonight.  K was REALLY enjoying her chocolate ice cream.  I think she is wearing more than she ate.
I hope everyone had a great weekend also!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment