Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Thoughts...

Just a few thoughts for this beautiful Thursday...
I'm always saying this to my kids, especially when they say they will NEVER live in a small town again or come back here to live.  I believe that 'where you came from' makes us what we are today.  I'm thankful that I was raised in small towns and that Allan and I have raised our kids in a small town too.  I know city life has it's advantages but I don't think there is enough advantages to make me ever want to move from a small town. 

As much as I love small town life, this next thought is so true!
Living in a city, your actions can go unnoticed by people that actually know you personally.  In small towns, EVERYONE knows your business and sometimes that can be a good thing, but sometimes it can also be a bad thing.  The thing is, you have to live your life so that you have no worries about someone seeing or hearing you do the wrong thing!   This should apply no matter where you live though because someone is always watching.

This is very good advice.
 I know it's easy to get upset with people we meet in our everyday life such as the person in front of us at a stop light that sits there a second too long after the light has turned green, or the young girl whose first day on the job at Braum's is not going well.  We may never know what is going on in the lives of those people and they may have suffered some situation earlier in the day that causes them to behave the way they do.  They may just be preoccupied and not meaning to be in our way.  We all need to just slowwww down and have patience with people.

How many times have we thought a task was utterly impossible?
 This is so true!  I don't know how many times I have thought that there is no wayyyyyyyyyyy I"m ever going to finish/meet a deadline/write that term paper!  It may take some effort to get done, but almost always, when it's finally done, I say, "Well, that wasn't so bad."

And my final thought for the day...
  Now does this really surprise anyone that knows me?  I think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment